Forever on the Info Hunt
Have you ever wondered what exactly is in the baby products (or any products for that matter) that you use on a daily (or not so daily) basis? It seems the ingredients and other compounds are not easily found on the packaging and so, most of the time, no one bothers to do the research. We just assume that what the advertisers and marketing pros are peddling is safe for us and our families. And if anyone knows me, I have a deep need to know what I am using and what went into the production of any product I use. This need to know has never been as great as when I had my baby and found myself in need of shampoos, ointments, and baby wipes. So, I often found myself doing extensive research that sometimes took up hours of my time. Well no more! Continue reading
Snotty and stuffy sick baby solutions!
Kids get sick. It’s inevitable and unavoidable. But when you see their poor, helpless bodies go through the traumas of this seasons cold, you want to help them so badly in any way possible. I remember the stories that my mama told me of when I would get sick. Let me back paddle a bit… I was born and raised in 79 in the USSR. The relevance of this is that there were no diapers, ointments, or our highlighted item of the day – the Nose Frida. My poor, amazing mother tells me stories that still make me gag at the thought of them. She literally sucked the snot out of my then tiny nose to help me breathe. Ah mothers, what amazement they are. I am sure that I would share in her experience had I not been born to be a mother in 2014.
This brings me to the Nose Frida! This fantastic (and yet so simple) device invented by the good ole Swiss allows you to suck out your tots snots without ever coming in contact with the sick ooze. It works wonders and is leaps and bounds over the nose bulb that I have deemed useless with the discovery of the Nose Frida. It doesn’t get easier! One end in your mouth, the other to the babes nostril and SUCK (don’t worry, there’s a filter just in case for all those of you who are too grossed out to even think about it)! You’ll be astonished how much you get out of the helpless little peanut. And rewarding? It’s like popping a pimple. Okay, shush, I am a mom… I am allowed to be gross!
I ordered my Nose Frida from, you guessed it, my good friend Amazon and if you have kids, I highly recommend you do the same! Click on the image to shop for yours:
The Nose Frida – your best friend during the cold and flu season for your babes!
Dangers lurking: mineral oil
Minearal oil, a petrolium byproduct, can be found in thousands of products from lipstic to diaper rash cream. But, did you know the dangers you expose yourself and family to when using products containing mineral oil?
Though hard to avoid, I have tried to ensure that my products, from skin care to hair, do not contain mineral oil. Now that I am a mom, I find it especially necessary to share this info with all the parents out there that may not be aware of just how dangers this ingredient can be for them and their babies.
We are here to empower each other. Pass this message along!
Natural babies need natural relief
Medicine free alternatives to helping your baby live a gas-free life.
The natural remedies to treat gas that are to follow worked for us like a charm!
It seems that so many parents are so quick to go the medicine route in order to treat their little ones for gas. I, too, have a very gassy baby and hated to see her suffer! But before we turned to medicines of any sort we gave the natural stuff a go. It worked like a charm and now, we are gas and tear free – no drops needed!!!
How we treat gas
- Burp – Burp often and persistently. Sometimes they come right out. Other times you may need to try and try again. Check out The Art of Burping Your Baby for more tips.
- Bicycle feet – While holding your baby on your lap pump her legs into her stomach to help move the gasses along and out. Check out How to Do Gas Exercises in a Baby, by Pediatrician Dr. Wu
- Toes to nose – With your babies feet in your hands, gently bring the toes to your baby’s nose. Some babies feet might not reach — don’t force it.
- Ball roll – Bean loves this exercise! Check out this Baby and Me Yoga video on the how to’s.
- Tummy time – Babyzone.com helps you with starting your baby with Tummy Time. It’s never too late!
- Tummy rub – here is a wonderful video to get you started the right way – Baby Massage: Help For Your Baby Belly Blues
- Feed upright – It’s best to hold your baby as upright as possible when feeding her. This will help prevent gas from going deeper into their systems
- Keep upright after meals – Keeping your little one upright for at least 15 minutes will greatly help with gas issues! Take this time to dance and sing together. It’s great for bonding too!
- Warm tummy packs – placing a warm compress on your babies belly can help relieve gas immediately. Leave this on the belly for as long as necessary. She should feel relief very soon! This is especially great to use at night!
Copyright Notice – This site and all works, products, images and files are protected by copyright making it unlawful to produce copies or reproductions of the work and/or to sell or assign those copies without consent of the owner of this site.
Things we applied to our daily routine to help with acid refux and it’s resolve within Beans world.
She’s been a great, funny, sweet, sleepy baby so far. She does have another side to her though, as some of you know. She’s a bit, how shall I put it, Boss? She has cry spells that pierce your ears and make you want to run for the hills. Loud and especially angry at times she stood like a stiff little bean that you’re trying to console. It’s near impossible to hold onto her as she arches her back and screams through large, welling up tears. We danced and rocked, we soothed and talked, we sang and cycled little legs and nothing seemed to help. In previous posts I’ve talked about how we honed in on what the suspected issue may be (check out the questions to ask yourself when wondering what we wondered: Is Your Baby a Reflux Baby? take the quiz) And we went with heartburn.
It’s been about a week since we’ve visited the doctor with Ariella to find something to help her heartburn. Continue reading
There are several products that I’ve tried in order to help elevate Ariella at night in an effort to help her get her acid reflux under control. Here is our feedback on the three popular products: Dex DayDreamer, Safe Lift Crib Wedge, and Baby Delight Snuggle Nest Surround. Guess who won? Continue reading
What is Simethicone claims?
Simethicone allows gas bubbles in the stomach and intestines to come together more easily, which allows for easier passage of gas. It is used to relieve painful pressure caused by excess gas in the stomach and intestines. Simethicone is for use in babies, children, and adults.