Perhaps I am an oddity in this ever evolving world but I like things that … well, others simply EW. That includes things like sauerkraut, liver, and the like.
One of the things I remember stealing as a kid from my g-ma as she cooked were boiled beets. No salt, no pepper, just a beet and pop it in the mouth.
Now, living in America with all the amenities and luxuries she doesn’t cook much. And let’s face it, beets don’t exactly make a star appearance on the Food Network Channel. So I decided to venture out into the world of the great wide web to see if I can find something new and interesting that included the good ole beet. And I found it!
I have yet to try this but the ingredients sound simply amazing and oh-so-good for ya. And as a mom-to-bee I am, after all, growing a bean inside me too. By the way, did you know they are amazing for an expecting mother? It just keeps getting better and better, so give the beat a chance.
(found on simplyrecipes.com)
Have you tried this? Any tips? Please share below. I look forward to chatting with you foodies.
What’s so Good About Beets?
Well aside from being delicious (I swear it!) there are a ton of benefits from vitamis to a good cleanse. Here are some more:
- Not that I need it but they say that beets are natures viagra because they contain lots of boron that helps in productions of human sex hormones.
- They have a ton of vitamins and minerals like A, B, C and folic acid. Beets are particularly beneficial to women whom are pregnant, as the vitamin B and iron are very beneficial to new growth cells during pregnancy and replenishing iron in the woman’s body.
- Beets help prevent cancer by detecting and removing abnormal cells before they become cancerous. The phytonutrients–proanthocyanidins–that gives beets their rich purplish-red hue has potent anti-cancer capabilities.
- They help lower blood pressure.
- Beets contain betaine that is found in some remedies for depression.
- They are great for anti inflammatory that help with the effects of aging and disease.
- They aid in purifying your blood.
- Beets help cleanse your liver.
Okay, now for a confession… I always loved beets but now I am IN love with them! So much goodness.