Snotty and stuffy sick baby solutions!
Kids get sick. It’s inevitable and unavoidable. But when you see their poor, helpless bodies go through the traumas of this seasons cold, you want to help them so badly in any way possible. I remember the stories that my mama told me of when I would get sick. Let me back paddle a bit… I was born and raised in 79 in the USSR. The relevance of this is that there were no diapers, ointments, or our highlighted item of the day – the Nose Frida. My poor, amazing mother tells me stories that still make me gag at the thought of them. She literally sucked the snot out of my then tiny nose to help me breathe. Ah mothers, what amazement they are. I am sure that I would share in her experience had I not been born to be a mother in 2014.
This brings me to the Nose Frida! This fantastic (and yet so simple) device invented by the good ole Swiss allows you to suck out your tots snots without ever coming in contact with the sick ooze. It works wonders and is leaps and bounds over the nose bulb that I have deemed useless with the discovery of the Nose Frida. It doesn’t get easier! One end in your mouth, the other to the babes nostril and SUCK (don’t worry, there’s a filter just in case for all those of you who are too grossed out to even think about it)! You’ll be astonished how much you get out of the helpless little peanut. And rewarding? It’s like popping a pimple. Okay, shush, I am a mom… I am allowed to be gross!
I ordered my Nose Frida from, you guessed it, my good friend Amazon and if you have kids, I highly recommend you do the same! Click on the image to shop for yours:
The Nose Frida – your best friend during the cold and flu season for your babes!
Dangers lurking: mineral oil
Minearal oil, a petrolium byproduct, can be found in thousands of products from lipstic to diaper rash cream. But, did you know the dangers you expose yourself and family to when using products containing mineral oil?
Though hard to avoid, I have tried to ensure that my products, from skin care to hair, do not contain mineral oil. Now that I am a mom, I find it especially necessary to share this info with all the parents out there that may not be aware of just how dangers this ingredient can be for them and their babies.
We are here to empower each other. Pass this message along!
Natural babies need natural relief
Medicine free alternatives to helping your baby live a gas-free life.
The natural remedies to treat gas that are to follow worked for us like a charm!
It seems that so many parents are so quick to go the medicine route in order to treat their little ones for gas. I, too, have a very gassy baby and hated to see her suffer! But before we turned to medicines of any sort we gave the natural stuff a go. It worked like a charm and now, we are gas and tear free – no drops needed!!!
How we treat gas
- Burp – Burp often and persistently. Sometimes they come right out. Other times you may need to try and try again. Check out The Art of Burping Your Baby for more tips.
- Bicycle feet – While holding your baby on your lap pump her legs into her stomach to help move the gasses along and out. Check out How to Do Gas Exercises in a Baby, by Pediatrician Dr. Wu
- Toes to nose – With your babies feet in your hands, gently bring the toes to your baby’s nose. Some babies feet might not reach — don’t force it.
- Ball roll – Bean loves this exercise! Check out this Baby and Me Yoga video on the how to’s.
- Tummy time – Babyzone.com helps you with starting your baby with Tummy Time. It’s never too late!
- Tummy rub – here is a wonderful video to get you started the right way – Baby Massage: Help For Your Baby Belly Blues
- Feed upright – It’s best to hold your baby as upright as possible when feeding her. This will help prevent gas from going deeper into their systems
- Keep upright after meals – Keeping your little one upright for at least 15 minutes will greatly help with gas issues! Take this time to dance and sing together. It’s great for bonding too!
- Warm tummy packs – placing a warm compress on your babies belly can help relieve gas immediately. Leave this on the belly for as long as necessary. She should feel relief very soon! This is especially great to use at night!
Copyright Notice – This site and all works, products, images and files are protected by copyright making it unlawful to produce copies or reproductions of the work and/or to sell or assign those copies without consent of the owner of this site.
Hiccups, spit up, and vomit, oh my!
There’s nothing worse than watching your little one suffer and not being able to do anything about it.
Spitting up all day. Could it be GERD?
We were dealing with lots of spit up and even more crying throughout the day. No matter how much burping we did or remained in an upright position after eating the spit up and crying came and never seemed to go away.
Bedtime brought more tribulations with, at times, massive throw up that seemed to projectile for feet at time and even though the nose. It was heartbreaking watching Bean endure such harsh experiences within her tiny, helpless body.
Heartburn and reflux was one of the most prominent effects of my pregnancy, so, i know all too well what my nugget was going though. So, we began to problem solve. Continue reading
Now if you know me, you know I’m picky. Too picky for my own good at times. This is not one of those times.