Dangers lurking: mineral oil
Minearal oil, a petrolium byproduct, can be found in thousands of products from lipstic to diaper rash cream. But, did you know the dangers you expose yourself and family to when using products containing mineral oil?
Though hard to avoid, I have tried to ensure that my products, from skin care to hair, do not contain mineral oil. Now that I am a mom, I find it especially necessary to share this info with all the parents out there that may not be aware of just how dangers this ingredient can be for them and their babies.
We are here to empower each other. Pass this message along!
Natural babies need natural relief
Medicine free alternatives to helping your baby live a gas-free life.
The natural remedies to treat gas that are to follow worked for us like a charm!
It seems that so many parents are so quick to go the medicine route in order to treat their little ones for gas. I, too, have a very gassy baby and hated to see her suffer! But before we turned to medicines of any sort we gave the natural stuff a go. It worked like a charm and now, we are gas and tear free – no drops needed!!!
How we treat gas
- Burp – Burp often and persistently. Sometimes they come right out. Other times you may need to try and try again. Check out The Art of Burping Your Baby for more tips.
- Bicycle feet – While holding your baby on your lap pump her legs into her stomach to help move the gasses along and out. Check out How to Do Gas Exercises in a Baby, by Pediatrician Dr. Wu
- Toes to nose – With your babies feet in your hands, gently bring the toes to your baby’s nose. Some babies feet might not reach — don’t force it.
- Ball roll – Bean loves this exercise! Check out this Baby and Me Yoga video on the how to’s.
- Tummy time – Babyzone.com helps you with starting your baby with Tummy Time. It’s never too late!
- Tummy rub – here is a wonderful video to get you started the right way – Baby Massage: Help For Your Baby Belly Blues
- Feed upright – It’s best to hold your baby as upright as possible when feeding her. This will help prevent gas from going deeper into their systems
- Keep upright after meals – Keeping your little one upright for at least 15 minutes will greatly help with gas issues! Take this time to dance and sing together. It’s great for bonding too!
- Warm tummy packs – placing a warm compress on your babies belly can help relieve gas immediately. Leave this on the belly for as long as necessary. She should feel relief very soon! This is especially great to use at night!
Copyright Notice – This site and all works, products, images and files are protected by copyright making it unlawful to produce copies or reproductions of the work and/or to sell or assign those copies without consent of the owner of this site.